Monday, May 16, 2011

Book Review Contest

I held a book review contest with my 7th grade students.  They were asked to pick a fiction novel of their choice, and the winners get to be featured on our blog.  I will be posting one a day of the next seven days.  See the first winner's below!

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Review by Beka Carnell

4 out of 5 stars for The Last Song:



In The Last Song, Nicholas Sparks told the story of Ronnie Miller, a troubled teen sent off with her little brother to her dad’s house for the summer. Ronnie always resented her dad for leaving their family. While Ronnie stays for the summer, she finds herself getting into some trouble and falling for blonde-haired, blue-eyed Will Blakelee, who understands her more that she ever thought anyone could, but when her father becomes sick, her worlds seems to fall apart.


The Last Song is one of my favorite books. I loved the strong, real passionate connection between Will and Ronnie. I loved it when he took her fishing because, even though she thought it was disgusting, he was not afraid to show his true self.
The only part I didn’t like about this book was the conflict between Will, Scott, and Marcus. I found it confusing and hard to follow.
If you like falling in love and summer romances, you will fall in love with this book. I found myself unable to put this book down. This love between Ronnie and Will felt so real. Also, if you liked A Walk to Remember, you will love this book. The Last Song is a page-turning, suspense-filled, romantic story and is something everyone should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment