Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book review of HALO GHOSTS OF ONYX

And last but not least, my last book review winner was Curtis Wade.  See his review of Halo Ghost of Onyx below:

Review of Ghost of Onyx by Eric Nylund
Review by Curtis Wade



5 stars for HALO GHOSTS OF ONYX!


The main character is Kelly, she is a full grown Spartan sent to planet Onyx to protect the survivors from the terrible force known as the Forerunner technology. The book is about a training camp for children ten and up. They take physical tests to make sure they are good enough to be in the Spartan program, but when a group of trainees wander into a sector that is forbidden they awaken an ancient technology and are attacked. They must do everything they can to survive. They contact help but will it ever come? They have another problem, an alien race known as the Covenant are coming to planet Onyx after getting strange transmissions.

I personally like the book. There is a lot of action and suspense. My favorite part is where Kelly and some trainees try to defend the training camp but have little ammunition.

The only part I did not like about the book is the point of view. The Covenant call the aliens by the name of their race, but in the Spartans point of view they call them by the name that people actually know them by which is what I prefer.

The book is a science fiction thriller based on the very popular game series known as Halo. I recommend this book for Halo fans and gamers everywhere. This book has a ton of action with guns and glory and you will never want to put it down. It also shows honor and respect towards the survival of the human race.

If you have read HALO GHOSTS OF ONYX, I recommend the Halo series of books including Halo-The Fall of Reach, Halo-The Flood, and Halo-The First Strike. If you read all these books and you’re a gamer, I suggest the video game series Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, and Halo Reach.

When I finished this book, I continued reading the other series and I hope that the author, Eric Nylund, continues to make more Halo based books.

No comments:

Post a Comment