Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Book Review of Poser

Janie Antie is our next winner, and she reviewed Poser.  See her review below:

Poser by Sue Wyshynski


Review by Janie Antie




4 out of 5 stars for Poser

In the book Poser, written by Sue Wyshynski, Tallulah Jones just moved from Florida to California. Tallulah didn’t mean to lie about knowing how to surf, but it just came out of her mouth. Will Tallulah ruin a good friendship because she lied?

I thought Poser was pretty good. I like how Tallulah makes a best friend named Katie, and how Katie helps Tallulah learn how to surf. I would have to say my favorite part of the story was when Tallulah saves Jenna from a big storm, and they become friends. After Tallulah saves Jenna, Corey (Jenna’s older brother) and Tallulah start dating. I like that too!

Even though this was a really good book, if I could change something about it, it would be the supporting characters. I feel like Tallulah’s friend, Marcus, should have been in the book a bit more. Also, maybe when Corey comes to save the two girls, it should have been more dramatic. I really don’t like the character Coco either, but I understand that you normally need a mean character in book or they would be boring.

This young adult book is a realistic fiction novel with a bit of romance mixed in. I think that people who like a little adventure and a little romance would like Poser. Also, if you like surfing, this would be the book for you. I give it for 4 out of 5 LSU tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment