Sunday, August 23, 2009

FALLEN

What I'm doing: trying to keep my eyes open (it's 2:25 am)
What I'm listening to: silence, sweet silence
What I'm thinking: why the hell am I still awake?
What I'm reading: Bad Moon Rising . . . still!  (this whole having to work thing is really interfering with my me-time)
***Please excuse all typos for I am tired, so very, very tired!


Staci and I have our first novel, FALLEN, coming out in late 2010 from Mundania Press.  We couldn't be more excited.  Lucky for us, we have a fabulous editor, Skyla Dawn Cameron (author of River and Wolfe-check them out!).  And an equally fabulous artist, Niki Browning, who designed an eye-catching cover.  Here it is:


To the best of our abilty, Staci and I came up a book jacket summary (I have no idea what that's called, btw-you know those words on the back of the book that tell you what it's about).  Here it is:

After the death of her mother, seventeen year old Elizabeth Carrington is starting over. In a new city, at a new school, with a dad she hardly knows, it isn’t going to be easy. Trying desperately to find her way and cope with her unceasing grief, she finds herself surrounded by a force so compelling, so comforting, so captivating that she can’t deny its presence and soon fears that if it were to leave her, she might loose her very self. But is it all really happening or has her wavering sanity finally found its breaking point?

Michael’s role in this world has been the same for centuries, but now something is different. He is inexplicably drawn to an intriguing stranger so alluring that he can’t force himself to resist her. Is he willing to risk everything to be with her, even falling?

A dark force, hell bent on destroying any chance of happiness for his arch nemesis Michael, is lurking in League City, TX, and there is no limit to his need for vengeance. How far will he go to seek revenge for his sworn enemy’s betrayal?

Caught in a clash of good versus evil, Elizabeth soon finds herself in the crosshairs of a battle that has been brewing since long before she was even born.

I doubt that's what will actually be there when the book comes out, but hey, we tried.  I'm sure Skyla will whip it into shape and make everyone want to run out and buy it! 

There will be more to come as the release date gets closer.  Right now, Staci and I are waiting for FALLEN to be edited and sent back to us for revisions.  In the meantime, we are hard at work on our next novel (12 chapters written!!!) 

Gaining an audience is our next big hurdle.  We'd love for you to follow our blog (hit the follow button there on the right-yeah, that one!)  This lets Staci and I know that you came!  Also you can subscribe and receive the post by email each time we post something new.  You should see something that says SUBSCRIBE TO SARA AND STACI'S BLOG if you scroll all the way down to the bottom.

Also, you can find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dailey-and-Staci-Weber/102330932229?ref=nf

And MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/fallennovel

More to come . . .

*So how many typos did you find?

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment