Sunday, July 25, 2010

Revising and what I'd rather be doing

What I should be doing right now is revising Sinful, but I thought I'd pause for a moment to reflect a bit on all the things I wish I was doing instead.  The good new is that we received our first round of revisions back from our editor.  Yay!  The bad news is that there is A LOT to revise.  Boo!  And it's really, really hard!  Our editor rocks, and I couldn't really disagree with a single problem she had with our novel, and I know it will be a much better novel when we are finished.  It's just taking a really long time and there is so many other things I need and want to do.

What I wish I could be doing instead (in no particuliar order):
*Watching the TV and laying on the couch - the finale of True Beauty is still on the DVR, not to mention the new episode of True Blood that just came on.  Also, I just finished season 4 of The Sopranos and can't wait to start season 5 (Carmella finally told Tony off and sent him packing!)
*Going swimming - not right at this moment of course being that it's 10:00pm and there's a thunder storm going on, but the semi-tan I had working is fading fast.
*Shopping!  I need some new school clothes and school supplies.
*Sleeping

What I need to be doing:
*the dishes that have been sitting in the sink
*laundry
*pretty much any other house chore you can think of
*memorizing our editor and agent pitches for the RWA conference
*working on our other novel that is supposed to be finished before the RWA conference but isn't
*grocery shopping
*and surely a whole bunch of other stuff that I can't think of at the moment because I'm thinking that I really need to hurry this up and get busy with revisions

On another note, Staci and I are headed to Orlando on Wednesday for the Romance Writers of America conference.  Very exciting!  We have 4 appointments to pitch our novels to editors and agents, and it will be a great opportunity to network and learn.  Wish us luck! 

Okay, I need to get back to work.  Hopefully, I can knock some of it out and still be awake enough to watch True Blood.

Cheers!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment